[epsi-coord] for action: official (follow up) invitation message for Conference speakers - final version

Marc de Vries info at devriesmarc.nl
Mon Feb 13 19:10:06 GMT 2012

Dear all,

Based upon feed back during the conference call this afternoon, I have
drafted the final version of the (follow) up message for all speakers, so
that we can synchronize the communications. You will find it below.

The colours refer to the three types of contributors that we have:

Yellow - introductory speaker parallel session

Pink - moderator

Green - key note speaker

This means that before sending it out you will (a) need to select the text
with the right colour (b) fill in the right session see part marked with [
], as well as (c) your contact details. Please note that there is also some
follow up to be done.

Those that have been inviting speakers and moderators, I would kindly
request to send these people this message (and use it for any
speaker/moderator not contacted yet) in combination with the latest version
of the conference program (version 1.2), which you will find attached (and
which is also in the dropbox). Please do so ultimately by coming Friday
18.00. This version is only to distributed to the (potential) speakers and
moderators, not to any other participants (we will start distributing the
version with names once we have sufficient confirmations).

You may notice that we have decided to drop the part on the availability of
some budget to cover travel and subsistence costs. We now agreed that the
policy will be: we do not mention anything thereon, but if people come back
requesting for it, we respond that there are some (limited resources). You
must then fill this out in the excel sheet in de tab 'speakers', where you
can indicate whether a person wants to be reimbursed and where you can
assess the costs. Please do so, as this is the Achilles heel of our
financial planning.

We also agreed that I will update the program (and names) on a weekly basis
(Monday before the CC), based on your input in the excel sheet, however
please make sure update the status as soon as you have confirmations or
denials.

Reg. M.

+++++++++++

Dear [   ]

I hope this message finds you well.

Within the framework of the ePSI Platform (a project financed by DG INFSO),
we are in the process of organizing the '
<http://epsiplatform.eu/content/join-us-epsiplatform-conference-2012> 2012
ePSI Platform Conference: taking re-use to the next level', which will be
held  on 16 March in Rotterdam. We expect around 300 leading Open Data
stakeholders to be present, with over 220 having booked so far. As such it
will be one of the largest Open Data events ever held, and will serve as a
landmark where new policy issues were put on the agenda, where people first
met and where new ideas and concepts were sparked. The Conference will
combine 3 inspiring plenary sessions bringing together keynote speakers and
12 interactive parallel sessions during which participants can meet, discuss
and inspire each other.

Given your well known interest and expertise in this field, we would be
honoured if you would be willing to contribute to the event as

[one of the introductory speakers in parallel session Track [   ]. As we are
focusing mainly on sparking discussions and debates, your presentation could
be relatively short (5-10 minutes maximum), but should preferably be
provocative. To facilitate the discussions, we have arranged for a moderator
(which you may know), namely [    ]. Upon your confirmation, the moderator
will contact you to further detail and organize the session (preventing
overlaps and synchronizing timing and structure and making sure we are in
possession of your presentation material a few days before the conference).
Obviously, state of the art equipment to support your presentation will be
available. The document attached contains a leaflet on the Conference and
the provisional program, including 'your' session.

[a moderator of parallel session Track [   ]. Your role will be to
technically lead the session (like introducing the program and speakers and
to facilitate and (if necessary) ensure a vivid debate. The speakers within
your session have been requested to prepare a short (5-10 minutes) but
provocative presentation, so that should help you. Obviously, state of the
art equipment to support your presentation will be available. You should
otherwise feel free to fill in the details any way you want in collaboration
with the introductory speakers. My suggestion is that upon your
confirmation, we have chat to further organize this. The document attached
holds a leaflet on the Conference and the provisional program, including
'your' session.]

[one of the key note speakers in the plenary session [   ], titled [   ] The
document attached contains a leaflet on the Conference and the provisional
program, including 'your' session and the other speakers invited. There you
will also find the name of the moderator. Upon your hopefully positive
response, the moderator will be contacting you to further detail and
organize the session (form of your contributing, structure, etc.)

In addition, as the European Commission is organizing its PSI Group Meeting
(bringing together key representatives from Member States and industry) in
Rotterdam the day before, we are organizing 'a day-before dinner', allowing
you (and the other contributors to the Conference) to extend your network
and meet a lot of interesting people. Therefore, we also kindly invite you
for this complementary dinner on 15 March (the venue will be communicated
later). In your response, please let me know whether you would like to join
us, and whether you have any preferences, like vegetarian food, or food
allergies, that should be taken into account.

I sincerely hope you can part of this great event and I am looking forward
to your response. If you have any questions, I will be delighted to address
them.

Kind regards

[   ]

ePSI Platform team