[epsi-coord] sectoral experts - sectoral meetings

Marc de Vries info at devriesmarc.nl
Wed Mar 21 10:42:59 GMT 2012

Dear all,

I went through the relevant documents (tender specs and our proposal) on the question what we meant with sectoral workshops. Below you will find the relevant text pieces.

My conclusion is that my idea (as put into the proposal) – the workshops are a kind of AB, but then from a sectoral perspective – is not completely clear. However, as we have explicitly reserved travel costs for these people and we mention the sectoral experts by name, we can argue that they are supposed to be shaped in line with my idea. However, we can be sure that the EC will not accept last Thursday’s meeting as a sectoral workshop (it may accept it as an AB meeting).

I conclude that we should come up with either another to sectoral workshops, whatever the form.

To be discussed, I am sure, next Monday.

Reg. M.

+++++++++

P. 4: Consortium

As its composition, structure, size, spread, focus and character are fully aligned to meet the

requirements set by the challenges and political timeframe currently faced, EPSI PLATFORM

2.0 is fit for purpose. A small core team will drive the development, building on in depth

knowledge and extensive networks within all communities (policy makers, re-users, but also

the Open Data movement). A group of key advisors (the Advisory Board) and top notch

sectoral experts have committed themselves to support us.

P.24: The content gathering process will consist of three interlocking tiers, forming an effective full

coverage 'radar'.

 Regular contact with a group of sectoral experts about current developments and issues in

their respective sector. (see 3.7.2 for a detailed list of sectoral experts)

P. 24 The first tier, working with sectoral experts, will

help establish broader developments and issues, and their reflection is a way to detect any

white spots in our coverage.

P. 29: A strong group of Sectoral Experts will work with us, so it is assured we will cover all key

sectoral experiences and concerns regarding PSI re-use. These sectoral experts will reflect

on relevant developments and possible white-spots, contribute their views to Reports, be part

of the meetings we will organize, as well as be given visibility as guest authors/bloggers on

the platform. See paragraph 3.7.

P. 30: The core team will therefore organize and participate in at least 28 events, under the ePSI

platform 2.0 brand:

 Two yearly EPSI Conferences will be held, bringing the community together;

 Two sectoral workshops will also take place, likely preceding the conferences;

P. 37: A strong group of Sectoral Experts will work with us, so it is assured we will cover all key

sectoral experiences and concerns regarding PSI re-use. These sectoral experts will be a

ePSI platform 2.0 Proposal for the FOLLOW UP TO THE PSI PLATFORM (SMART 2010/0047)

sounding board, contribute their views to our analysis of PSI issues, and play an important

role in our events. They will also be visible as guest contributors on the platform.

P.58: In particular work will include:

 ePSI platform 2.0 conferences and workshops. The team will organise 2 conferences with

accompanying sectoral workshops throughout the duration of the project, which we will aim

to organise wherever possible, in Member States that are currently lagging behind in the

development of open PSI policies and practices. All workshops will bring together

representatives from cutting edge government initiatives and reuser communities, as well

as key representatives from public bodies and existing networks of expertise.

 ePSI platform 2.0 supported events. The team will support 8 other events that

P 62 : For maximum transparency, categories have been created for the advisory board, the

sectoral experts and the award winners, which will all be involved at the various events. The

budget for the out of pocket expenses for these external people, has been put under the

budget of Zenc.