[epsi-coord] POPSIS on ePSIplatform

Kapff, Lionel (BE - Brussels) lkapff at DELOITTE.com
Thu Mar 22 15:41:42 GMT 2012

Dear Marc,
Dear ePSIplatform team,

Please find attached the proposed text for the POPSIS news item.

As confirmed by stakeholders on the Rotterdam conference, the POPSIS study is a major input to the EC Open Data Package and it is of key importance to convince policy-makers and public sector bodies of the potential benefits (and limited costs) of reducing charges and facilitating re-use of PSI.

Therefore, I suggest to put the POPSIS article as a major item on the top of the website (together with Vickery study, etc.) + in the "Reports" section.

A high visibility of POPSIS is certainly in the interest of the European Commission and most stakeholders of the PSI / Open Data community. Being aware of and having easy access to economic evidence on the benefits of Open Data (as presented in POPSIS) is a first and essential step to enable the community to "Go Out to Make Case for Open Data!".

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Many thanks and best regards,

Lionel

Lionel Kapff
Business Analyst
Deloitte Consulting
Berkenlaan 8C, 1831 Diegem, Belgium
Tel/Direct + 32 2 749 57 59 | Fax + 32 2 749 56 70 | Mobile + 32 4 75 79 24 76
lkapff at deloitte.com<mailto:lkapff at deloitte.com> | www.deloitte.be<http://www.deloitte.be/>