[epsi-coord] Trailblazers

Hans Graux hans.graux at timelex.eu
Fri Mar 23 16:40:41 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I would suggest the following for a news announcement; Daniel has checked
it and greenlighted it too. Can you put it online?

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Hans

*Title*: First ePSI Trailblazers awarded!

*Tags*:

    competition

    Europe

    Open data

    PSI

    PSI re-use

    Trailblazers

*Body*:

As announced earlier<http://epsiplatform.eu/content/epsi-trailblazers-candidates>,
the first ever ePSI Trailblazer winners were announced at our ePSI
Conference 2012<http://epsiplatform.eu/content/join-us-epsiplatform-conference-2012>on
16th March in Rotterdam, Netherland. The Trailblazers were awarded to
European PSI re-use innovators who have built exciting new applications
around public sector information in four key sectors: parliamentary data,
procurement data, traffic data and cultural heritage data.

While we had an impressive list of
candidates<http://epsiplatform.eu/content/epsi-trailblazers-candidates>with
highly interesting and sometimes even visionary applications to choose
from, ultimately the following winners were selected:

·         For parliamentary data: the Polish project
Sejmometr<http://sejmometr.pl/>

·         For public procurement data: the Slovak project
Znasichdani<http://znasichdani.sk/>

·         For traffic data: the Swedish project TrafikLab<http://trafiklab.se/>

·         For cultural heritage data: the Dutch project Open Cultuur
Data<http://www.opencultuurdata.nl/>

For more information on the winners, click
here<http://epsiplatform.eu/content/winners-epsi-trailblazers-2012>.
Each of the winners was presented with an official certificate during the
award ceremony at the conference. More importantly, they were given the
opportunity to present their plans and ambitions for the future, and to ask
the European PSI community for assistance in reaching their goals. Over the
next few weeks, the ePSI-team will be looking at how we can help them in
finding this assistance.

We once again congratulate the winners, and will be in touch with each of
them very shortly to see how we can help them to make an even bigger impact
in the future!