[epsi-coord] conceptual document sectoral workshop in Helsinki in conjunction with OKF-Festival

Antti Poikola antti.poikola at gmail.com
Sun May 13 21:13:10 BST 2012

Hi Mark and others,

the suggestion looks great! Some details about the OKfest:

Open Knowledge Festival http://okfestival.org/ is 17-22.9 (Mon-Sat), but
the main conference dates  are 18-21.9 (Tue-Fri). The festival has TOPIC
STREAMS and one of them OPEN CITIES which includes also the transport
data related sessions and presentations.

OKfestival is a union of two events (namely Open Knowledge Conference
and Open Government Data Camp) that have been organized separately on
earlier years. This time they are brought togeather, but we don't speak
about subconferences like OGDcamp... just one big event a week long Open
Knowledge Festival.

---CLIP---

Where the OKF Festival plans to have an open transport data track at
their Open Government Data (OGDCamp) Subconference, including a series
of presentations, in the main OGDCamp programme, the SW would fit in
perfectly and would also be very cost effective, as main stakeholders
would not have to travel twice. In fact pooling these events, may be a
bigger attraction for them.