[Escola de Dados] Fwd: [School-of-data-network] Launch of School of Data's Member Support: Apply now!

Everton Zanella Alvarenga tom em ok.org.br
Sexta Fevereiro 5 21:29:15 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cedric Lombion <cedric.lombion em okfn.org>
Date: Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 12:28 PM
Subject: [School-of-data-network] Launch of School of Data's Member
Support: Apply now!
To: school-of-data-network em lists.okfn.org

Hello everybody,

We want to try something different in 2016. In the past, the coordination
team was able to support activities within the network in an ad-hoc basis,
allowing a lot of our members to experiment on ideas, professionalise and
run activities that could be showcased for local funders in a later
opportunity. We still want to support innovative projects within the
network, and we want to do it with a different approach.

*The Member Support Scheme*

The idea is quite simple: every year, if we can fundraise for it, we will
set aside funds to support pilot projects that are innovative and support
long-lasting development.

For 2016, we will select six projects in two categories:

Individuals
→ Up to 3 projects with budgets up to $3,000 per individual

Organisations
→ Up to 3 projects with budgets up to $8,500 (USD) per member organisation

So get your creative juice flowing, and send us your best project ideas! We
have set up a transparent rating system for project (see below) that will
reward projects that are well defined, helpful for the whole community and
well documented.

*Who decides where the money goes?*

Lucy Chambers, Milena Marin and Zara Rahman, former members of the
Coordination Team, are back together as the selection committee. They will
evaluate the applications based on the criteria below.

We’re very happy the three of them accepted our invitation! Not only they
know School of Data very well, as former members of the coordination team,
but they are now engaged in other international initiatives, which allow
them to give a fresher look to the proposed projects.

*Cool, but how much time do we have?*

The deadline for the submission of your project is the 28th of February.
We expect the selected projects to be able to start by mid-March/early
April, with a project wrap-up by the end of July 2016.

It might not seem very long, but remember the funding is going to pilot
projects: not long-term projects nor regular activities.

*Want to know more about Member Support?*

→ http://schoolofdata.org/school-of-datas-member-support/

Any questions? You can reply to this email or ask us anything in three
weeks. *We will be holding a School of Data Q&A Hangout dedicated to the
Member Support Scheme*.

Looking forward your project ideas!

Cédric for the Coordination Team.

Everton Zanella Alvarenga