[EU-lobby-data] Update on lobbyfacts.eu development

Erik Wesselius erik at corporateeurope.org
Sat Jun 8 21:06:47 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Before I leave on vacation (10-24 June) a quick update on where we are with lobbyfacts.eu

I got two reactions on the advertisement, from an English developer (Martin Keegan)
and from Stefan Marsiske (of Parltrack). I spoke with Martin Keegan in Utrecht last
Wednesday (he happened to be in NL for another project) and I had a skype call with
Stefan on Thursday.

Although Martin probably has all the necessary skills to do the job, I was very happy
when Stefan reacted, as I feel he is politically closer to us and he has shown that
he masters the necessary skills through his website parltrack.eu.

I hope to finalise an agreement with Stefan tomorrow or early next week (from Greece)
and Stefan would then work on the project in the first two weeks of July. Stefan is
currently doing some work with Tactical Tech, so his contacts there may come in handy
for completing the project in a good way, in good cooperation with both Tactical and
Curve.

Curve would also have capacity to work on the project early July. As we have
negotiated before with Tactical Tech everything should be completed within the
budget, but we should make sure that this is the case. Otherwise we need a plan B. I
will sort that out in the last week of July, after I'm back from Greece (I'll be back
working the 25th).

Good luck with finalising the Dodgy Data report and I'm looking forward to complete
the first phase of this project over the summer (I expect we can launch second half
of August).

By the way, it would be good  to have an overview of everybody's vacation scheme. If
one of you could collect that info, that would be awesome.

Cheers,

Erik