[euopendata] Introduction / German poster?

Andreas Langegger andy at langegger.at
Thu Feb 11 14:25:26 UTC 2010

Hello,

first of all, Daniel, is there already a German translation of Ton &
James' poster?

As a new list member, I'd like to introduce myself briefly.

Currently I work as a researcher at the Johannes Kepler University Linz,
Austria. My topics of interest include database & information systems,
the Web, Semantic Web & Linked Data, information extraction, screen
scraping, knowledge management, etc.

I've been working with many Semantic Web tools, libraries (mainly
Jena/ARQ) and RDF stores, I've developed XLWrap [1] (a
spreadsheet-to-RDF wrapper which is already in use for Open-Gov Linked
Data publishing), SemWIQ [2], which is a SPARQL query mediator, and I
have contributed to D2R-Server [3], a major RDB2RDF wrapper.

Apart from my technical interests, I'm very much interested in
Government Open Data projects because I believe there's a huge potential
in available data sets which should be harnessed by the society and the
industry.

We are currently starting up an Austrian Open Government Data Initiative.

Regards,
AndyL

[1] http://xlwrap.sourceforge.net
[2] http://semwiq.sourceforge.net