[euopendata] European data registries

Sure, York york.sure at gesis.org
Tue Jul 27 16:43:37 UTC 2010

Dear Jonathan,

at least for Germany I am able to give you some advice :-)

Registering research data with unique identifiers such as DOIs for me is the
first step for linking them on a global scale.

I am very happy to inform you that the German Registration Agency for Social
Data (da|ra) went online on 23 July 2010. By assigning the first DOI to the
European Values Study 2008 we opened the service to the public. During the
GESIS Institution's Day we celebrated the event together with guests from
various fields including the principle investigator of the study
Prof Ruud Luijkx from Tilburg University.

Meanwhile the holdings of the Data Archive of the Leibniz-Institute GESIS
are registered as well. Up to now da|ra has assigned 4465 DOIs.

More about da|ra: <http://www.gesis.org/dara/en/home/>
Do not miss the video:
<http://www.gesis.org/dara/en/home/demo-video-wie-registriere-ich-einen-doi/

and see the picture:
<http://www.gesis.org/gesis-news/erster-sozialwissenschaftlicher-datensatz-r
egistriert-registrierungsagentur-dara-startet-auf-dem-gesis-institutstag/>

We are closely collaborating with the DataCite association (we are member)
and selected data providers. It has been a lot of work and we are continuing
to improve the service.

I would be very happy if this proves to be an area for future collaboration
with you :-)

Best regards,
York

--
Prof. Dr. York Sure
President

Professor for Applied Informatics in the Social Sciences
University of Koblenz-Landau
WeST - Institute for Web Science and Technologies
Universitaetsstr. 1, D-56070 Koblenz
Web: http://west.uni-koblenz.de