[euopendata] Getting started with CKAN in the Netherlands -- nl.ckan.net?

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 10:32:31 UTC 2010

hi all,

I will also be in contact with Martin Borman in NL (who because of a
question to me yday sparked the conversation in this list in the first
place.) He, like me, has been in touch with the Dutch national ICT office
(ICTU) about creating a data cat. It seems he, like me, wants to move
forward regardless of what gov does at this point (which is slow going as we
are without a cabinet at the mo). So I will talk to him today to see what
he's thinking about doing and propose the nl.ckan.net instance.

There's also an inventory of national level datasets in NL due in July,
which is a good starting point for a CKAN instance. Also there is of course
the material me, you and others are already aware of that is out there,
which will be easy to list.

Creating a Dutch translation would be great as a step regardless.
Will get back to you guys after I spoke to Martin as well.

best,
Ton
Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra