[euopendata] Any interesting events/conferences 2011

Julian Tait julian at futureeverything.org
Thu Nov 4 17:57:25 UTC 2010

Hi Antti,

FutureEverything www.futureeverything.org in Manchester 11-14th May 2011. But I would say that as I help programme part of it.

It focusses on the Societal Impact of technology and how it is reconfiguring the way we live our lives.

Perennial themes are Mass Participation and Open Data. Full programme will be announced soon

Cheers

Julian

On 4 Nov 2010, at 15:44, Antti Poikola wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's time of the year that many organizations including my current employer are doing financial planning for the next year. I was kindly asked to suggest some international events and conferences that I would like to participate next year :)
>
> So, do you know events/conferences that are thematically tying togeather technology and society (especially civil society)?
>
> Some random keywords:
> -Digital civic action
> -Participatory planning, -budgeting, -governance, -democracy
> -Gov 2.0
> -Open Government Data
> -Data journalism
> -Civic journalism
> -Local participation
> -Peer production
>
> BR,
>
> -Jogi

Julian Tait

Award winning global festival of art, music and ideas.

FutureEverything 2010
12-15 May, Manchester UK

FutureEverything
Third Floor, Swan Buildings