[euopendata] A data catalog in dcat mapped to Eurovoc...

Peter Krantz peter.krantz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 21:59:23 UTC 2011

Hi!

I finally got around to implement a first version of a dcat [1]
representation of catalog items in the opengov.se data catalog. The
use case is to support aggregation of catalog items into e.g. a pan
european catalog.

The index mechanism is an Atom feed listing all items in the catalog:

http://www.opengov.se/feeds/data/

Each entry has some basic info (title etc) and a link element pointing
to the RDF representation of the catalog item:

E.g. http://www.opengov.se/data/6/rdf/

I have added basic concept mapping to Eurovoc using the dcat:theme
property (e.g. http://eurovoc.europa.eu/4864 above). The idea is to
make it easy for people to find datasets in other countries even if
information isn't available in their native language. This requires
some development at the other end of the wire of course.

I would be happy for feedback, particularly if I have misunderstood
how dcat is supposed to be used.

Would this suffice for aggregators or would ppl like a huge RDF dump
instead of an atom feed?

Regards,

Peter Krantz

[1]: http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Data_Catalog_Vocabulary