[euopendata] Open data competitions - archive + documentation?

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Mon Jun 13 19:44:06 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan,

if you're asking for a technical solution to this, I think we could do
a lot by adding the new apps catalogue extension to CKAN.net and
extending it with the idea of an apps context (i.e. a competition,
hackday, etc.) - These could be created by users and eventually maybe
even have some concept of workflow (such as an entries phase, judging
phase and presentation phase). While this would certainly still be a
bit of development, we could produce something that is extremely
useful and adds a ton of context to the catalogue...

 - Friedrich