[euopendata] [psi-workers] Update on pan-European open data competition

Lorenzo Benussi lorenzo.benussi at top-ix.org
Fri Mar 18 11:42:28 UTC 2011

Dear all, it is a please for me to be the Italian representative also because I am working on open data application in Italy.

For the competition I would suggest to take into special account a) how much value the apps are able to add to the data and b) if and how they are capable to scale or, to put it in a different way, to grow BIG in terms of data processed e users.
The first point is a kind of obvious even if i think that a good visualization shouldn't be enough.
The second point has a special meaning for a pan-european competition because it implies that the project has a broad scope, it faces technical issues, probably it uses several datasets that come from many different countries and need to be interoperable.
I am glad to contribute and discuss further the theme.

Best,
Lorenzo