[euopendata] [psi-workers] Timing of pan-European open data competition

Paul Meller paul at openforumeurope.org
Mon Mar 21 16:02:19 UTC 2011

Hi all,
Shifting the event back makes logistical sense and would probably result in
better quality entries, but as Federico pointed out the Commission might not
like it. We (OFA) are checking with her cabinet and will have an answer by
Wednesday. Google is OK with running the competition June - September, as
long as Kroes is there to hand out the prizes.

As you may know OFE (sister of OFA) moved its annual conference from the day
before the Digital Assembly to September 23rd to avoid a clash. So we would
have a perfect platform for the awards ceremony. What's more, Kroes has now
agreed to speak at the re-scheduled  event, so if her staff agree she could
hand out the prizes there too.

I'll keep you all posted on this.

Regards,
Paul M