[euopendata] Looking for your ideas/work on 1 min video, please forward to those you think interested

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Fri May 20 07:20:55 UTC 2011

Hi all,

You will have heard about Europe's Digital Agenda. It is European Union's
road map for bringing the benefits of a digital society and economy to
Europe's citizens. On June 16/17 there will be a first Assembly, during
which they will involve all stakeholders in assessing problems and
identifying solutions. (more on the
DAA<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/digital-agenda/daa/index_en.htm>
)

For the European Commission,I am looking for people's stories on how people
contribute to the Digital Agenda and what they need to achieve greater
impact.

We're looking for as many 1 minute video stories as we can find (a minimum
of 50!) and we only have another ten days to get them (deadline is May 30).
That's why we really need your help! Because we would like you (or people
close to you) to have a voice in such a large European event like this. A
selection of videos will be shown at the Digital Agenda Assembly in June.

To give you an idea what the Digital Agenda covers, you can browse through
the lists of actions on each of the 8 big themes of the Digital Agenda
(they're called pillars):

- Digital Single
Market<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/pillar.cfm?pillar_id=43&pillar=Digital%20Single%20Market>

- Interoperability and
Standards<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/pillar.cfm?pillar_id=44&pillar=Interoperability%20and%20Standards>

- Trust and Security<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/pillar.cfm?pillar_id=45&pillar=Trust%20and%20Security>

- Very Fast Internet<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/pillar.cfm?pillar_id=46&pillar=Very%20Fast%20Internet>

- Research and Innovation<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/pillar.cfm?pillar_id=47&pillar=Research%20and%20Innovation>

- Enhancing e-skills<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/pillar.cfm?pillar_id=48&pillar=Enhancing%20e%2Dskills>

- ICT for Social
Challenges<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/pillar.cfm?pillar_id=49&pillar=ICT%20for%20Social%20Challenges>

- International<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/pillar.cfm?pillar_id=50&pillar=International>

You may have a story to share on this yourself. Then go grab a (web)cam and
tell it in 60 seconds, upload it to your Youtube-account and fill out this
form<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/digital-agenda/daa/video/form/index_en.htm>
.

Perhaps you know colleagues or friends involved in the topics covered by the
Digital Agenda, then forward this message or put them in front of a camera
and (let them) upload it to Youtube and fill out this
form<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/digital-agenda/daa/video/form/index_en.htm>
.

(More details on this video
competition<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/digital-agenda/daa/video/index_en.htm>
(top
10 rated will be shown at the Assembly itself))

Below is the official announcement by the Commission with all the proper
links where you can view other contributions, post a video and more
information about the Assembly itself. I would really appreciate it if you
could contribute something and/or forward this message to people you know
who can't wait to be heard :)

Thanks for your effort!

All the best,

Ton

Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra

ton at tonzijlstra.eu
+31-6-34489360

http://zylstra.org/blog

“*Take part in the Digital Agenda Video Competition*

*Your work and opinion matters to the Digital Agenda Assembly. Share with us
what you are*

**

*doing to make the Digital Agenda happen, and what you need to achieve
greater impact!*

**

*Submit a short video (maximum length 1 min!) and it might be shown at the
Digital Agenda*

**

*Assembly!*

**

*Turning The Digital Agenda into reality is a collaborative effort of
European citizens, companies,*

**

*NGOs, and governments. That is why making your work and opinion visible
matters. On all of*

**

*the themes the Digital Agenda contains actions for: Digital Single Market,
Interoperability and*

**

*standards, Trust and security, Very fast internet, Research and innovation,
Enhancing e-skills,*

**

*and ICT for social challenges.*

**

*Participate in our video competition! You can submit videos during the
whole month May, by*

**

*uploading them to your YouTube account and telling us about it. Voting will
take place early*

**

*June, and the 10 winning videos will be shown at the Digital Agenda
Assembly.*

**

*Deadline for submiting videos is 31st of May, voting will take place June
1-10.*

**

*Videos should not exceed 1 min in length. All entries will be moderated
before they are*

**

*accepted into the competition. Information on the competition and all
submitted videos are*

**

*available at **
http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/digital-agenda/daa/video/index_en.htm
*<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/digital-agenda/daa/video/index_en.htm>
*. *

**

*The form to enter your own video into the competition is at **
http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/digital-agenda/daa/video/form/index_en.htm
*<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/digital-agenda/daa/video/form/index_en.htm>

**

*We're looking forward to seeing you! ;)”*
*
*