[euopendata] Russian data APIs?

Ivan Begtin ibegtin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 07:08:36 UTC 2011

Hi Paul.

There are a lot of russian opendata. Largest source of daa is
http://www.opengovdata.ru - you may find list of public data sources, some
of them are web services.

Also you could take a look at Russian Central bank website -
http://www.cbr.ru . It provides a lot of data as datasets, XML and SOAP web
services.
And so on.

Actually the problem is that most of the opendata could be used by
developers, but russian journalists are not really good with digital tools
and even using Excel to gather and visualize data could be challenginging
for them. So I always suggest them to concentrate on understanding how to
visualize information and to involve programmers to extract and process
data.

--

Best Regards,
  Ivan Begtin