[euopendata] Open Legislative Data Conference in Paris - July 6-7

Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou b.ooghe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 18:00:29 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

>From the premises of TheyWorkForYou to the latest portuguese
Demo.Cratica we now have plenty of citizen initiatives among the world
working on parliament data. Let's all meet up together with
parliamentary researchers to share and confront ideas?

We are organising on July 6th & 7th in Paris with researchers from the
Sciences Politiques institute an international conference aimed at
gathering both academics and hactivists working on parliamentary and
legislative issues.

The « Open Legislative Data in Paris » conference will be held in
english to ensure a maximal participation from communities all over
the world: academic studies, parliamentary informatics and citizen
monitoring projects, or combination of both are all welcome! Our
common projet with SciencesPo and its MediaLab will present during the
event the first prototype of a legislative evolution monitoring tool.

All participants from various horizons are very welcome to present
their work, within 15 minutes talks or 5 minutes lightning talks.
We are thinking especially to all of you everywhere, who develop cool
parsing, scraping and visualisation tools on any parliament chamber,
working on votes, presence, legal texts, and so on! :)

Submissions to make a presentation should be made online before April
1st. Subscription will come later on :
http://www.lafabriquedelaloi.fr/conference/submit-a-proposal/

If you really want to come but can't do it for financial reasons, we
can support a selection of people to the extend of our limited budget.
So don't hesitate to sollicitate us for a help at
picri at regardscitoyens.org

Similarily, if you can offer or advice for financial support, you're
very welcome to e-mail us as well.

More details can be read in the pdf attached and online on « The Law
Factory »'s website:
http://www.lafabriquedelaloi.fr/conference/

Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou for Regards Citoyens

PS : We’ve also got a dedicated mailing list for discussions around
the conference which you can write to:
TheLawFactory at ml.regardscitoyens.org.  If you’d like to join the
discussion, sign up by sending an empty e-mail to
TheLawFactory-subscribe at ml.regardscitoyens.org