[euopendata] Next Call: 5th July at 16:00 UTC - Open Data in the EU WG

Laura Newman laura.newman at okfn.org
Thu Jul 5 16:53:19 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Thanks to those who attended the EU Open Data Working Group call this
afternoon. Numbers were select, but there was a lot of active and engaged
discussion, and a sense of growing purpose.

The main topic was the opportunities that OKFest would provide to align the
efforts currently taking place around open government data, in particular
(on this call at least!) the principles/standards that measure the progress
of the Open Government Partnership.

For those of you who are still exploring whether you may be able to attend
OKFest, do take a look at the website and think about planning. Based on
this call, there is so much potential for groups to discuss and share their
work, and so many people are working towards closely aligned goals. It
would be great to see more people engaging in this together!

Notes from the call are here: http://euopendata.okfnpad.org/call
And the OKFest website is here: http://okfestival.org/

The next EU Open Data call is scheduled for 6th September (very shortly
before OKFest!), but there will be an Open Government call in August for
anyone who can't wait that long ;)

I look forward to speaking to you then.

Kind regards,
Laura

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Daniel Dietrich <daniel.dietrich at okfn.org>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> this is a quick reminder of our next conference call:
>

> * When: 5th July  at 16:00 UTC / 17:00 BST / 18:00 CEST
> * Where: Skype
> * Back channel: #okfn IRC channel on irc.freenode.net
>
> Notepad: http://euopendata.okfnpad.org/call
>
> Please add your name and Skype ID to the pad to indicate your
> participation.
>
> Among other things we will discuss the Proposal for a debate about the
> Open Government Partnership and the impact of civil society in the OGP
> process. http://okfestival.okfnpad.org/OGP-debate
>
> Please feel free to add items to the agenda. Talks soon.
>

> All the best
> Daniel
>

> --
> Daniel Dietrich