[euopendata] Share your 'war-stories' on open data, all the little anecdotes and experiences!

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 09:01:15 UTC 2012

Hi all,

The ePSIplatform has launched its Narrative Database project last Friday at
the ePSIplatform Conference 2012 in Rotterdam. The conference was titled
"Taking re-use to the next level" and the narrative database is a way of
doing that.

We are asking you to share with us your practical day to day experiences
around open data <http://epsiplatform.eu/content/share-your-story>. Whether
you are civil servant, entrepreneur, journalist, citizen, activist, coder
or policy maker: all your experiences are of interest. We want to hear your
real anecdotes, examples and experiences. So that we get a much richer
image of what is happening 'on the ground' when it comes to opening up
government data for re-use.

You will be asked some
questions<http://epsiplatform.eu/content/share-your-story>,
on how you interpret your own experience or anecdote. No questions will ask
for personal information.

>From those answers it will be possible to spot patterns: new barriers or
opportunities arising, new stakeholder groups becoming visible, seeing new
correlations between aspects, and comparing the actual experiences in
various European countries.

This is *not a one time survey, but a way of logging your day to day
experiences around open data*. You can share as many experiences and
stories you want, and return as often as you want with more or new
experiences to share.

The ePSIplatform team is eager to hear your open data stories, and invites
you to share <http://epsiplatform.eu/content/share-your-story> them with us.

The survey is at http://epsiplatform.eu/content/share-your-story

best,

Ton Zijlstra