[euopendata] A critical look at the Open Data Index methodology

Helen Darbishire helen at access-info.org
Wed Nov 14 08:31:51 UTC 2012

Dear All

This is an important issue. We would be really happy to have comments from
other countries and we will post them on our website.

In parallel there is another debate going on about how we measure “openness”
which you can read here:

http://www.access-info.org/en/rti-rating/303-measuring-transparency-debate

And in the meantime we are working on a set of standards for data sets to be
published which will be included in the Open Government Standards initiative
www.opengovstandards.org. Recommendations are welcome on which datasets and
the level of detail needed.

best, Helen

Helen Darbishire, Executive Director