[euopendata] Examples of using open data on legislation?

Rinke Hoekstra rinke.hoekstra at vu.nl
Mon Apr 7 12:17:51 UTC 2014

Hi Ton,

I've used my Linked Data version of the Dutch regulations portal (http://doc.metalex.eu) for a preliminary analysis of the citation structure between regulations and articles (see [1]). We've also developed a browser/navigator based on local network properties of the graph [2].

It turns out that network metrics such as PageRank and Betweenness Centrality are good predictors of importance of articles (PageRank for general audience, Betweenness for experts).

Best,
Rinke

[1] http://dx.doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.689880
[2] http://justinian.leibnizcenter.org/wetten

----
Rinke Hoekstra
VU University Amsterdam/University of Amsterdam