[euopendata] Open source release of "Stralo", a new Linked Data platform

Bram Biesbrouck bram.biesbrouck at reinvention.be
Tue Oct 24 11:27:32 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm new to this mailing list so please allow me to say hi to everyone
reading this. Let me steal a few seconds of your time to introduce you
something new.

I'm Bram, a Belgian developer and business owner. I'm fascinated by Linked
Data and for the last few years, we've been building a brand new and modern
Linked Data framework, funded by some cultural institutions here in
Belgium. It's called "Stralo".

Stralo is built around the central idea that Linked Data systems should
become easier to use and understand. By hiding away technical complexity
and make use of automated indexing technology, we managed to create a
visual system that even your grandmother can use.

Although Stralo's strength is a really simple interface, it's got RDF baked
into it's DNA. Everything is stored in a Triple Store, connected to
external ontologies and uses standardized SPARQL queries.

I'm an open-source guy pur-sang, so I'm happy to tell you that this summer,
we got permission from all project partners to release all code as open
source.

We're dying to hear what other developers think about Stralo and we hope we
can persuade you to try it out and maybe hack into the code. The docs are
still thin, we know, we're working on it.

The code was released under a commercial-friendly license. It's business
model is as open as possible, with sponsored coding sprints, support and
training sessions, so we, together with others, have the means to make it
bigger and better.

*Stralo is new and we're in the process of introducing it to the community.
It would be very cool if you could take a look at www.stralo.com
<http://www.stralo.com/>, try it out and help us spread the word by
blogging/tweeting/posting about it or just by forwarding this mail to
others.*