[euopendata] LIBER 2020: Call for Papers

Friedel Grant Friedel.Grant at KB.nl
Mon Nov 18 12:03:37 UTC 2019

**Apologies for Cross-Posting**

The Call for Papers for LIBER's 2020 Annual Conference<https://liberconference.eu/liber-2020-call-for-papers/> in Belgrade (24-26 June) is now open.

The deadline for submitting a proposal is 13 January 2020. The topics are outlined briefly below and in full detail on the Annual Conference website<https://liberconference.eu/liber-2020-call-for-papers/>.

Building Trust With Research Libraries

In times of fake news and discussions about science, findings and facts, society needs research libraries to safeguard trustworthy information. In the digital information overflow, libraries help students and researchers to find what they are looking for and to put that information in context.

>From Open Science and world-wide sharing of publications and data to the long-term preservation of collections, research libraries carry important responsibilities. They must remain reliable, authoritative and adaptable in a continuously transforming society.

During these turbulent times, strong library leaders are vital to ensure that research libraries remain as frontrunners in innovation and gateways to information and knowledge.

Topics

*         Information and Research Integrity

*         Preservation of Collections

*         Leadership

*         Impact of Libraries

*         Securing Trust in Libraries

*         Open Knowledge

We Invite Submissions Of:

*         Future-oriented thought pieces arising out of current research

*         Research papers presenting theoretical solutions, with a clear illustration on how these solutions can be applied

*         Positions and opinions on some aspect of practice

*         Work-in-progress initiatives or pilot descriptions, sufficiently mature to warrant attention

*         Experiences and case studies specifying requirements, challenges or opportunities

*         Best practices

Formats include papers, lightning talks and posters. We are also calling for ideas for a panel session.

For further details, including instructions for submitting your abstract, please visit the Annual Conference website<https://liberconference.eu/liber-2020-call-for-papers/>.

___

Friedel Grant
Senior Communications Advisor