[FOSsil-bank] FOSsil Bank Update (26 October 2013)

Chris Sakkas sanglorian at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 00:49:19 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

Here’s another update for you.
#FundFreeCulture

If you spot chances to #FundFreeCulture, shoot me an email and tweet about
it!
Newly spotted

*Angel* is the first open source sensor for health and fitness, and it’s on
IndieGoGo! ($236,506/$100,000; 7 days left):
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/angel-the-first-open-sensor-for-health-and-fitness

*Alessandro *of *unPlayable Games* is on Patreon. $3 gets you access to all
his games (CC BY or BY-SA):http://www.patreon.com/unPlayableGames?u=45749

Show some love to *Plee the Bear*, a platform game. (GNU GPL and CC BY-SA;
€476.79/€1112.79)http://funding.openinitiative.com/funding/1702/
Ongoing

They’re making a second episode of the comedic short film *Caminandes*:
http://www.blender3d.org/e-shop/product_info_n.php?products_id=165

*Open Well-Tempered Clavier – Ba©h to Bach* is a project to score and
record Bach’s Well-Tempered Clavier – including stretch goals to make the
scores accessible to the blind (14 days left; $35,550/$30,000):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/293573191/open-well-tempered-clavier-bah-to-bach

*App-Make-inator* from Lunduke is on Bountysource. (GNU GPL; 5 hours to go;
$488/$3,500):https://www.bountysource.com/fundraisers/468
Concluded

*Underground Meats* funded successfully.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/undergroundmeats/underground-meats-open-source-food-safety-model
(public
domain; $49,141/$40,000)

*Free the Monsters* is an IndieGoGo campaign to release concept art and 3D
models that did not reach its goal (CC BY-SA; $1,641/$5,000 – flexible
funding): http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/free-the-monsters

*Set Chopin Free* reached its goal (public domain; $92,452/$75,000):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/Musopen/set-chopin-free

*0 A.D. *is an RTS that’s been under development for some time.
($33,251/$160,000 – flexible funding):
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/support-0-a-d-an-open-source-strategy-game
FLO Works Tabletop Games

I made EPUB versions of a few FLO RPGs:

*DramaSystem SRD *(OGL, CC BY):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:dramasystem-srd

*Enter the Avenger *(CC BY-SA):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:enter-the-avenger

*Redbox Hack *(declaration): http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/work:redbox-hack

*Pelgrane Press *is a tabletop RPG company. (OGL, CC BY):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:pelgrane-press

They’ve released the System Reference Document for *13th Age*, a ‘love
letter’ to Dungeons & Dragons 3rd and 4th editions. (OGL):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:13th-age

They’re released the System Reference Document for *GUMSHOE*, a tabletop
RPG. (CC BY, OGL):http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:gumshoe-srd

*Uncharted Worlds *is a space opera RPG based on the Apocalypse World game.
(CC BY-SA):http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:uncharted-worlds

*Mazes & Perils *is a retroclone tabletop RPG. (OGL):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:mazes-perils

*For Gold & Glory *is a retroclone tabletop RPG based on Dungeons & Dragons
2nd edition. A gratis, third party version is available on Lulu. (OGL):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/work:for-gold-glory

*Fate System Toolkit *is a set of options and advice for the Fate
roleplaying game. (OGL, CC BY):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:fate-system-toolkit

*unPlayable Games *makes tabletop RPGs, and you can back them on Patreon.
(CC BY-SA):http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:unplayable-games

*Nameless Horror *is a horror RPG without a name. (CC BY):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:nameless-horror

*Ghosts *is an older RPG by Jason Morningstar, but since the PDF is no
longer available I’m now hosting it. (CC BY):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/work:ghosts

*Rafu *is a game designer who you can support on Patreon. (CC BY, CC BY-SA):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:rafu
Other

*Wealth Inequality in America *is an informative video about what people
expect the gap between rich and poor to be, and what it actually is. (CC0):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:wealth-inequality-in-america

*Poetics for Cosmonauts *is a book of poems. (CC BY-SA):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:poetics-for-cosmonauts

*Arduino *is a circuit board company but I’m not sure of the extent of
their FLO licensing. (CC BY-SA):http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:arduino

*Al Jazeera* has released quality video footage. (CC BY):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:al-jazeera

Many *Uncensored Interview *interviews are licensed. (CC BY):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:uncensored-interview

*Behance *is an Adobe project that hosts artists’ portfolios. All CC
licences are available, and there is no way to sort by licence used. I have
suggested this as a feature – maybe you should too. (The rate of FLO
licensing is very low). (all CC):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:behance

*Solitudes & Silence *is a fantasy novel. The site is down so I am
rehosting on the FOSsil Bank wiki. (CC BY-SA and an in-house licence):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/work:solitudes-silence
Proprietary Shareable Works

*Bloomsbury Academic *publishes non-fiction. (CC BY-NC, an in-house licence
I haven’t examined):http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:bloomsbury-academic

*Copyright and Creation *is a report from the London School of Economic and
Political Science which found that online sharing does not reduce creator
profits. (CC BY-NC):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:copyright-and-creation

*Chris Sakkas
**Admin of the FOSsil Bank wiki <http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/> and the Living