[okfn-coord] people for OKCon 2008 (was: [Fwd: Re: Annual Open Knowledge Conference])

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Nov 19 13:52:28 UTC 2007

Jonathan Gray wrote:
> Other potential speakers that spring to mind include:
>
>  * Soren Auer

Yes, though not quite sure how'd he fit with the panels. Perhaps he
could talk about visualizing RDF data.

>  * Erik Duval (from ARIADNE, on 'open metadata')
>    - see <http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/~erikd/>

A big yes. Let's draft an invite asap.

>  * Someone from COMMUNIA
>  * Jordan Hatcher (on the open data license?)

Both of these would be good as part of a specific session in the
afternoon once we break out from the main panels.

>  * Tom Steinberg (who didn't speak last time, did he?)
>
> Perhaps we could assemble a panel of mini-presentations of projects such
> as AMEE, or Quotations Book - rather than full length talks? Would that
> be an alright compromise?

I think this is a good approach though we need to be careful to allow
adequate space for the CFP ...

Re. AMEE and Gavin Starks having heard nothing from Jo I've bitten the
bullet and invited Gavin Starks on my own account (we really need to
start getting the programme together). He did a great presentation at
XTech and they are doing really interesting stuff (and I particularly
like that he is really into the business side of things). If necessary
we can put him in the Open Services stream rather than
transport/environment if this is an issue ;)

In general we need to get our skates on to have got the invites out by xmas.

~rufus