[okfn-coord] Putting in a submission to iCommons Summit 2008

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Apr 15 13:02:33 UTC 2008

Dear Jonathan and Jordan,

Just a quick email regarding submitting proposals for the iCommons
Summit 2008 (Deadline: April 18th i.e. end of this week!). [1][2]

[1]:<http://icommonssummit.org/>
[2]:<http://icommonssummit.org/programme/call-for-submissions.html>

Though it is in Japan (which is a long way) I believe iCommons are often
able to fund transport for accepted presenters. In terms of what to
submit I think for a general OKF one we could 'reuse/remix' one of our
existing efforts (either the one from COMMUNIA on
metadata/componentization/reuse or a pure componentization one).

I also thought we could submit something something explicitly on open
data and licensing -- Jordan I don't know whether you would want to do
this as coming from yourself, from ODC from ODC and OKF jointly or ...

~rufus