[okfn-coord] Putting in a submission to iCommons Summit 2008

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Thu Apr 17 10:24:18 UTC 2008

On 16 Apr 2008, at 12:50, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> On 15/04/08 15:06, Jordan S Hatcher wrote:
>> Hi Rufus,
>> Saw this and putting something together for it is on my todo list
>> this week.  Definitely want to submit something on open data and
>> licensing, and would be pleased to do it as ODC/OKF.  Do we want
>> to put something in together?
>
> I think we could put in 2 proposals here. One specifically on open
> data and licensing and the other on CKAN/Componentization/Metadata
> type stuff. Does this sound reasonable.

Am putting something together today on open data / licensing.

What track would be best?  Education ticks off the open access/data
crossover, but Business emphasizes the semantic web / next gen aspects?

I'm thinking the biz track as even on the open access angle, I think
I'd like to emphasize the commercial benefits of open data...

~Jordan

>> I have a possible way of funding the trip independent of getting
>> an iSummit scholarship, and so am hoping to be there regardless of
>> whether I get one this year (got one last year, will apply this
>> year).
>
> That's what we should all do (by all I mean all planning to go!)
>
>> Jonathan or Rufus, were you both thinking about going?  Should we
>> do a single proposal?
>
> I don't think I will be going but if Jonathan is up for it he might
> be going (Jonathan: ?).
>
> ~rufus

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM

jordan at opencontentlawyer dot com
OC Blog: http://opencontentlawyer.com
IP/IT Blog: http://twitchgamer.net

Open Data Commons
<http://opendatacommons.org>

Usage of Creative Commons by cultural heritage organisations
http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/studies/cc2007