[okfn-coord] OK2 planning catchup? less luck with speakers

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Tue Jan 15 17:00:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 07:22:16PM +0000, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> I've just spoken with them and they've agreed to come speak about their
> transport stuff and the need for more open data. (I hope this what was
> wanted -- rereading your email now I realise maybe it was more to ask
> them for suggestions for speakers ... :-/ oh well at least it means we
> are down to locating one speaker).

:) Well, both were implied, really; MySoc have a good network, it would
seem silly to overlook them when they're directly doing transport work.
They would be good openspace/demo material i thought, but there would
be no harm in them doing both, right? Thanks for taking this up!

> >Muki Haklay (http://homepages.ge.ucl.ac.uk/~mhaklay/) at UCL taught
> >people like Tom Carden, and may have suggestions.
>
> I think the last on the list Muki Haklay looks really promising. *Would
> you like to email him or shall I*?

I'd like to hang on until the end of the week on the offchance I do
hear anything back from Graham Stickler. I'll cc or ping you about it
then, if that's all right. I like the resonance of the buzzwords there
on Muki's site, would be worth getting in touch in any case.

> What do people think? Does anyone have other suggestions?

SAGE sounds great but perhaps not for a general audience...

What about one of the bibliography/repository/citation projects
that Jonny was collaborating on the Library of Congress consultation
with? Chances of gettin AaronSW over to London? Or a Talisian?

cheers, thanks again for talking to Tom+Francis about this topic,

jo