[okfn-coord] OKF board meeting

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Apr 2 09:31:54 UTC 2009

Sorry: resending to include okfn-coord list

2009/4/2 Becky Hogge <becky.hogge at gmail.com>:
> 2009/4/1 Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>:
>> 2009/4/1 Jordan S Hatcher <jordan at opencontentlawyer.com>:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Becky: I notice you in particular have several items on there. Have
>> you had a chance to contact any of those people?
>
> Thanks for the prod - I'd forgotten this action and will get on to
> Richard, Felix and Tim forthwith. As I mentioned at OKCon, James
> Casbon is keen to be considered as a potential new Board member. Paula
> le Dieu also spoke to me about increasing her responsibilities at
> OKCon - I'm meeting her for lunch later this month...

I think both James and Paula would be excellent additions. James
brings additional technical expertise while Paula has an amazing
background in the general area and a wealth of experience that would
benefit the foundation in a whole set of ways.

> Is there any process for people who approach us (as opposed to people
> who we decide we want to approach) in terms of assessing their
> suitability for the Board and working out when we've recruited anough
> new people?

At the present I think we can afford to reasonably informal. I would
suggest that people post additional names on the name and notify the
list of their intention to contact that person/persons. We then wait,
say, 7 days for any comments and if all is OK after that time the
original suggestor is free to invite the person.

In terms of numbers I would suggest at least another 4 people would be
good. Given this, at least at the moment, we don't run much danger of
over-subscription.