[okfn-coord] okfn announce list subscribes?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Apr 24 09:43:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Jordan S Hatcher
<jordan at opencontentlawyer.com> wrote:
> (to the right list this time...)
> Why did I all of a sudden get subscribed to the okfn-announce list from my
> other emails?
> Is this to do with the follow up from OKCon?  If so, I think this should
> have probably gone out with a note beforehand saying we're going to
> subscribe you to okfn-announce and thanks for attending, donate, etc. And
> then subscribe them with a way to instantly unsubscribe described in the
> email.

Good call! Sorry - I should have done this. I mentioned at the
COMMUNIA event that unless anyone objected I would subscribe people to
the mailing list. I should have also made an announcement along these
lines at OKCon and, as you suggest, sent out an email beforehand.

Noted!

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator