[okfn-coord] Is Wifi important?

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 13:44:48 UTC 2009

Hi all

Further to last, I've now settled on The Harp, a free house with a
great selection of ales in Covent Garden / Charing Cross area, as the
venue for Saturday's brainstorm / mindshower.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/92/924/Harp/Covent_Garden

We have their private, upstairs room from 12 until 5pm at no charge.

AFAIK, there will not be free wifi. If this is going to be a serious
problem, then I can rethink and let the Harp know we need to go
somewhere else.

I'm hoping others will share my view that the internet can be as much
a distraction as a benefit at meetings like this.

But if someone wanted to take copy of the OKFN wiki / blog / main
webpages, or if someone could confirm they are bringing a dongle, I
would feel a lot less shakey in my conviction that we will be alright
without the web!

Cheers

Becky