[okfn-coord] Fwd: Grant Funding Call 12/08: JISC Information Environment and e-Research

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sun Feb 8 11:55:19 UTC 2009

Just to follow up our possible JISC bids - I looked through this
properly earlier in the new year, and the cost of the application is
high (10+ pages), and the focus is mainly on repositories,
text-mining, and suchlike .

We could try the OER bid:

  http://www.jisc.ac.uk/fundingopportunities/funding_calls/2008/12/grant1408.aspx

While the individual and institutional bids look like they are
primarily to publish existing course material, the subject bid looks
interesting:

  "Projects will encompass a consortium led by an Academy Subject
Centre and including at least one Professional Body, or national
subject association, and several Institutional subject faculties,
departments, or schools working in one or more of the relevant subject
areas"

I guess our main options are:

  * Weaving History
  * Open Shakespeare
  * Open Economics

In either case, we'd have to identify potential partner institutions -
so we'd have to get on this ASAP. Deadline is 4th March, giving us
just under 2 months.

J.