[okfn-coord] CKAN and UK open government data

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jul 13 11:20:17 UTC 2009

(As reported on okfn-discuss a month back) We hope to get CKAN used as
part of the current effort to get UK effort to get open government
data online.

Even better, I chatted with John Sheridan and Richard Stirling at
OpenTech about this and they suggested we should put in a request for
funds based on this usage. At this first stage the funds would be used
to develop CKAN to make sure it is really robust but in the longer
term there would likely be some kind of service agreement.

The suggested ask at this stage was around the 10k mark. As I am sure
you will all agree this is quite exciting and is a major opportunity
for us!