[okfn-coord] Getting a Designer from the Real Work Experience

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 08:43:34 UTC 2009

All

As I mentioned at the last Board meeting, one of my clients,
ThinkPublic, run a programme for design students called The Real Work
Experience. Basically, this connects design students with public
service providers and non-profits who need free design work.

I've spoken to ThinkPublic and they've agreed to post an ad on the
service for OKFN. They want a short job spec they can post out to
their network. So the question becomes, what are our priorities for
design work at OKFN? Is there a short, discrete project where we could
ask for design help from a student?

Can people get back with suggestions so I can craft something? Also,
does anyone want to help by leading on this - it's become clear to me
over the course of my career that I have very poor aesthetic judgement
and I'm not always the best person to work with for designers...!

Cheers

Becky