[okfn-coord] Some business plans for discussion at next week's meeting

paula le dieu paula at ledieu.org
Sun Jun 14 15:08:48 UTC 2009

I find it challenging to assess the business models as I don't feel like I
yet have a really good sense of what OKF would like to have achieved in that
3 year timeframe.

I think that having a single full time point of contact is a great aim if
you want to make a public policy/media impact around a set of issues and/or
secure large institutional funding (completely agree with Jo's experience on
this). In this way I think it was the right strategy for ORG in order to
maximise its impact. However, it isn't clear to me that OKF is headed in
that direction? Or if it is then it is much more about providing the
framework for a unified voice for an ever increasing number of
projects/institutions/individuals that identify with OKF's "open"
definitions and drive towards providing greater access to knowledge?

Sorry, more questions than answers. I know that the immediate and extremely
important goal is to remove the financial burden of running OKF from the
shoulders of individual founders. But beyond that what would we (and
potentially those giving us £5 a month) consider to be a really great
outcome for the next 12, 24 and 36 months?

thanks
Paula

ps. if this has been covered - sorry - please send me the url or ref :)