[okfn-coord] OKFN AGM

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:03:49 UTC 2009

Hi everyone

Can I move that the OKFN AGM be held earlier in the day at OKCON? As
I'm not involved in much so far (but willing to volunteer to work the
door, chair a session, or whatever needs doing) I'm not sure how busy
everyone will be during the day, so let me know if this is a silly
idea.

My reasons for suggesting we do it earlier (lunch? during one of the
open space sessions? - how heavy is the agenda?) are twofold:

1) The selfish reason - I'm in the middle of two heavy travel weeks
and would like to be able to sneak off after the semantic web session
to spend at least one night at home before I travel up to Scotland the
following day.

2) Voting members might want to mingle with conference participants,
and going off to do the AGM might divorce them from whatever those
other participants end up doing.

Let me know what you think, bests

Becky