[okfn-coord] Example Minutes for publication

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Tue May 19 11:03:01 UTC 2009

Hi guys

I've typed up my notes from Satruday's meeting:
http://okfn.org/board/wiki/ExampleMinutesForPublication

One of my actions was to prepare a set of minutes we'd be happy to put
on the public wiki. This is they, and I welcome your comments - they
may well go into too much detail. I suppose the best thing would be to
discuss how detailed we want them to be at the next Board meeting,
when we approve them.

I've added everyone's actions on the meeting page:
http://okfn.org/board/wiki/BoardMeetings/2009-05-16

Here they are for ease of reference

# RP to fill out the necessary paperwork for new Board members
# RP to continue discussion with Ian Brown about joining the Board
# BH to ask Felix to write to the Board indicating where he felt he
contribute most to OKFN’s activities as an active Board member
# BH to draft several business plans for discussion at the next Board meeting.
# RP to put a donate button on Knowledge Forge
# RP and MK to approach MySociety to begin negotiations about
compensation for infrastructure costs of UK Parse
# JH to investigate registering with ICO
# JH to draft formal contract with OKFN’s Community Coordinator
# JH to draft template privacy policy
# RP to link to privacy policy from OKFN’s websites to the main OKFN site
# JH to clarify whether we can have one reference to OKFN’s company
information on the main site, which the other OKFN sites link to.
# JH to audit intellectual property licensing notices on all OKFN sites
# JH to draft template SLA for OKFN to serve to partners with whom it
has an “ISP” type role.
# JH to double-check when OKFN can use “Foundation” in its title
according to Company Law
# JH to begin investigations into VAT registration, Trademark
considerations and the legal impact of regularly having OKFN’s
Community Coordinator attend Board meetings in a reporting role.
# JH to establish relationship with legal counsel.
# RP to schedule next ten Board meetings.
# BH to draft minutes for public wiki
# JG and RP to announce new Board members on the OKFN blog
# BH and JH to conduct due diligence research into how conflict of
interest problems are overcome in other foundations who regularly act
as consultants and to recommend an appropriate governance structure at
the next OKFN Board meeting.
# BH to discuss closing 4IP funding application with Jonathan.
# RP to launch the OKFN pledge
# all (except BH) to promote the OKFN supporter drive
# JC to present Board with a description of the ORG supporter system
to see if it would be a good fit for OKFN.
# MK and JC to look through OKFN website and suggest improvements,
particularly with regards to getting more people involved as
supporters and volunteers.
# BH to approach Think Public for free design work through their “real
work experience” programme.
# MK to summarise lessons from OKCon.

Rufus, when's the next meeting, so everyone knows when they have to
have this stuff done by?

Bests

Becky