[okfn-coord] WDMMG, 4IP and Mysociety

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Sep 9 13:08:27 UTC 2009

I've just written back to Tom to respond to his email from last week
and to  follow-up an in person meeting I had with him on Saturday in
Cambrdge (at his request).

In the mean time Paula has contacted and met 4IP. From my conversation
with her yesterday two main points arose:

1. (As I understood it) 4IP said that mysociety have themselves put in
a bid with 4IP and it was this that prompted the meeting with MS in
late August. If so Tom's behaviour seems a little odd: he has not
revealed to us that they too have put in a bid and it is not clear how
this fits with the collaboration plans.

2. 4IP will look in our application and give us some preliminary
comments asap. Was clear that we were not as well-known to them as
MySociety which was as we would have expected though something to bear
in mind re. potential collaboration.

Rufus