[okfn-coord] Fwd: £1m prize for crowdsourcing online platform

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jan 4 12:26:03 UTC 2010

Interesting though dubious about money potential. This looks like one
of those situations where you have to contribute up-front resources
(to build the thing) with a chance of winning the prize.

I'm also a bit dubious about this as prize material. Prizes work best
when the goal is very clearly defined (e.g. Longitude, Netflix)
whereas here what they want seems rather vaguely specified ....

Nevertheless very interesting to see this happening and would be happy
to be argued out of my pessimism :)

Rufus