[foundation-board] JISC OpenBib Project Funded

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jul 12 08:20:59 UTC 2010

I just wanted to make sure Board members were aware that the JISC open
bibliography project with which the OKF is involved was successful and
received funding from JISC (I think I mentioned this at the last Board
meeting).

In particular this means:

* Funding to work on a core area of interest to us where we are
already working with bibliographica
* The OKF is committed to providing hosting etc to the project for 2
years (this is for free I note)
* I am engaged personally as the project manager with a proposed
payment of £20k for a 9 month period (it wasn't possible to engage the
OKF here it had to be a named person)
* While I am formally named and will be paid here I will be committing
either to have these monies directly paid to the OKF, or more likely,
for me to pay significant portion of the monies paid to the OKF.
** Thus the OKF should be anticipating ~ £20k of income in this area
(though with obviously associated expenditures)

Open Knowledge Foundation