[foundation-board] Engaging a PA/Admin Assistant: Nearing a Decision

Ian Brown ian.brown at oii.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 12 08:31:33 UTC 2010

Congratulations Rufus on the JISC funding.

It would be strongly preferable for this funding to flow from JISC->OKFN->Rufus (with appropriate contracts in place between the parties). I'm surprised that JISC are not insisting on this. Would it be problematic for them?

Sorry I missed the discussion about a PA (which sounds entirely sensible), but why would s/he be engaged by you rather than OKFN?

> * Is late-middle-aged with 2 grown up children (youngest of which is
> at university)

Age and family status are of course entirely irrelevant to a hiring decision - and it would be illegal discrimination for either to play any part in the decision.

Cheers,
Ian.
--
http://people.oii.ox.ac.uk/brown/