[foundation-board] Engaging a PA/Admin Assistant: Nearing a Decision

Ian Brown ian.brown at oii.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 12 10:52:36 UTC 2010

On 12 Jul 2010, at 11:45, Rufus Pollock wrote:

> What statutory responsibilities in relation to the JISC project are
> you worried about exactly?

1. That we are not ensuring OKF is trading as a going concern, by making vague commitments in exchange for uncertain income on this project.

2. That we are discriminating in employment decisions by considering matters such as age and family status, however delicately those are phrased.

I am much happier with your suggestion to keep your employment by JISC on this project and your employment of a PA as personal matters. Please do make sure this is made clear in everything you say to JISC and your PA on this matter.