[foundation-board] Situation with data.gov.uk CKAN work

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 08:57:13 UTC 2010

Hi Rufus

Thanks for continuing to chase this. For the benefit of the Board,
could you please give us your impression of any risk factors inherent
in the below four step process that John outlines:

> The process is:
> 1.  TNA finalises it plans / proposals to CO for all elements of our
> delivery for data.gov.uk
> 2.  TNA - CO reach agreement on the budget for the financial year, on
> all strands of data.gov.uk delivery by TNA.
> 3.  POs raised to TSO, to cover OKF costs (and also, to cover TSO's
> costs to date, which is more than we owe you)
> 4.  Payment to OFK by TSO

When I say risk factors, I mean ones that might conceivably leave OKF
unpaid (despite John's assurances). I'm inclined to take your advice
("My advice to the board at this stage is that we should continue to
work on the data.gov.uk project while continuing to push extremely
hard for full and prompt payment of *all* outstanding monies.") but
I'd like to know a little bit more about this process before I do.
Also, can you give us an idea of what "pushing extremely hard" for
payment would entail at your end? And if this is burdensome work, is
this something you would feel comfortable transferring onto your new
administrative assistant to free you up to do something a little less
depressing?

This situation only serves to highlight how vital it is we have a
working set of management accounts for the Board to scrutinise in good
time ahead of the next Board meeting.

I would also like the Board to consider whether we need to take
anything home from this experience, in terms of future arrangements
OKF makes with public bodies.

Thanks again, Rufus, and more strength to you!

Becky