[foundation-board] URGENT: Problems with a specific individual and OKF projects

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Nov 16 21:08:19 UTC 2010

On 16 November 2010 21:02, Jo Walsh <metazool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/11/2010 09:23, James Casbon wrote:
>>
>>  Do you think, as her friend, you could ask her to
>> tell you the fraud she thinks has taken place?  At least then we can
>> actually deal with the claim.
>
> After a bit of probing on question of alleged fraud, got down to this:

Thanks Jo very much for your efforts here.

> [[The specific allegation is that the LOD2 OKFn project deliverable is my
> proposal for which OKFn has gotten funding and then left me out]]
>
> For "my proposal", read "a registry of open government data services and
> resources".

Hmmm -- the LOD2 proposal was written a year ago and submitted some
time in the Spring. We did not even meet or talk to Paola until the
summer and we've been working on open gov data stuff for years
(including registries of services and resources ...)

> So, we could address this by publishing information about exactly what LOD2
> deliverables OKF is working on (and who is working on them).

I don't see that we need to specifically address Paola's allegations
by doing anything.  Of coursee, it may be per se useful to do this
stuff -- in which case we should do it (though this is it is not a
discussion we need to have on the board list :) ).

> I know this is covered by http://lod2.eu/ but the description there is
> kind-of high-level. http://lod2.eu/WorkPackage/wp9.html describes a
> GovData.EU service, with OKF as one of the partners on the work package.

[...]