[foundation-board] Funding proposal to Technology Strategy Board

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Oct 27 10:35:55 UTC 2010

Dear All,

Last week working in collaboration with Chris Taggart and Kathryn
Corrick I submitted an "Expression of Interest" on the Technology
Strategy Board's 'Harnessing data' competition:

<http://www.innovateuk.org/content/competition/harnessing-large-and-diverse-sources-of-data.ashx>

The proposal involves a partnership between OpenlyLocal and the OKF to
work on an "Open Data Platform for Public Sector Business
Intelligence".

Full details here: <http://board.okfn.org/ProposalDocuments> (includes
Expression of Interest doc as submitted)

I would note that the EoI does *not* commit us to proceeding with the
bid so this proposal in no way commits the OKF -- if it had I would
obviously have notified the board in advance of any action (normally I
would have notified the board in any case but this was done in a bit
of a last-minute rush before last Thursday's deadline ...).

If we do get selected to go through to the 'next round' I will notify
the board and we can all review the proposal (though of course any
feedback right now would be useful).

Regards,