[foundation-board] Revised project coordinator job description

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 15:27:11 UTC 2010

On 23 September 2010 13:44, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> On 22 September 2010 11:58, Becky Hogge <becky.hogge at gmail.com> wrote:

> This seems sensible. My only question would be whether to do this on a
> day-rate basis or suggest possible expansion no. of days in the job.
> I'm easy with it as it is so I think we can proceed on that basis.

Okay

>> 3) Salary is not specified and instead described as "Generous compensation
>> commensurate with experience."
>
> Would it be better to say: 'Good compensation commensurate with
> experience'. Not sure if we are going to be 'generous' (or what that
> would mean) and 'good' seems more neutral here.

I think generous and good are interchangeable here, so why don't we
just say "compensation commensurate with experience". Do you have an
idea from the figures how much we might be able to offer? We'll need
to know this by interview stage latest.

>> Subject to your approval, I'd like to get this out there.
>>
>> Beyond approval, I'd like:
>>
>> 1) Advice on where to post this so that as many of the OKF network as
>> possible will get a look at it, and if appropriate where else to post.
>
> Indeed. In circulating the CKAN Project Manager description (which is
> on wiki: <http://wiki.okfn.org/coord/ckan>) i sent this to Emma
> Mulqueeny at rewired state and to Kathryn Corrick among others.

Okay. But beyond sending to individual people, do we announce this on
the blog? Or is there a better place to announce it?

>> 2) Advice on who to ask to get a project-coordinator at okfn.org email address
>> directed to my inbox.
>
> Done (forwarding to becky.hogge at gmail.com). Please test and report any issues.

Sent a test mail five minutes ago, but have not yet received it and is
not in spam.

> Should Ian also be on this alias (or anyone else)?

Yes, I think so.

Thanks for your attention, Rufus!

Becky