[foundation-board] Fwd: ICT-PSP draft

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Apr 26 21:39:46 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I met Stefan Gradmann in Berlin a few weeks ago - and he invited the
OKF to be part of a €3-4 million bid associated with the Europeana
project. All data would be CC0. They are interested to have us lead
work on communications/community building around the project. I also
suggested that we could potentially contribute to the technical work.
At the moment this is still in drafting phase.

Do the board have any questions they'd like me to ask in the first
instance about what this would entail?

FWIW I very much think we should do this. Most of our funded work is
in relation to government information - and this would be a great
opportunity to diversify our portfolio of financially supported
projects to include bibliographic data, cultural heritage material,
and the public domain, three of the OKF's big key areas.

Any thoughts?

J.