[foundation-board] Accountancy proposal

Jason Kitcat jason.kitcat at okfn.org
Sun Aug 14 22:30:13 UTC 2011

Dear board

I have been in conversation with Will Taylor at Lucrafts - the accountant Paula Le Dieu recommended. Will has been very responsive and that bodes well in my view.

Audit is quite costly compared to standard accountancy. As you may recall we need to audit our accounts annually to meet the requirements of Omidyar.

Will has quoted £2.5 to £3k per annum for audit, accounts and tax filings. Payroll would be £35 per month for up to 30 staff.

Will also has some thoughts on how we might avoid corporation tax issues either by having another conversation with HMRC or failing that structuring OKF differently.

What are your thoughts? Should I see some competitive quotes from other firms, hold fire or proceed?

Many thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Kitcat