[foundation-board] CKAN licence?

Ben Laurie ben at links.org
Wed Aug 24 14:55:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 3:04 PM, James Casbon <casbon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Its AGPL it's in the README, I was handicapped by trying to use my phone.

Well. That leads to two questions:

a) Which README? Not the one in the source repo.

b) Why the AGPL? Yes, I realise this could be a long conversation, so
let me open with my extreme preference for the Apache Licence. Why?
Because to me "open" means "you can use it for any purpose". The AGPL
is not a licence that supports that. There's a longer argument which
is about barriers to adoption and the value of non-coerced
contribution.